The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is the world's largest technical professional society. The technical objective of the IEEE is to focus on advancing the theory and practice of electrical, electronics and computer engineering an computer science. To realize these objectives, the IEEE sponsors nearly 800 student branches worldwide, as well as scholarships and awareness programs, technical conferences, symposia and local meetings; publishes 25% of world's technical papers in electrical, electronics and computer engineering; and provides educational programs to keep its members' knowledge and expertise state-of-the-art.
Benefits of joining
- Discover career opportunities and gain a better understanding of your field.
- Gain a competitive edge with the included IEEE Spectrum and IEEE Potentials magazines.
- Access world-class technical information provided by the IEEE and cut down your research time.
- Join IEEE technical societies in your areas of interest.
- Stay on the cutting edge with online resources available to members only - for the technical information, planning a career move, or changing your e-mail provider.
- Network with peers and future employers in your field, gaining valuable leadership experiences and making career contacts.
We periodically run membership drives where we subsidize annual membership fees or provide free membership for one year. So, if you are a graduate student at Drexel University and wish to join IEEE or renew your membership, please contact us.