The graduate programs at the ECE Department prepare students for careers in research and development, and aim to endow graduates with the ability to identify, analyze, and address new technical and scientific challenges.
At present the department offers graduate course in six general areas:
- Computer Engineering,
- Control, Robotics and Intelligent Systems,
- Image and Signal Processing and Interpretation,
- Power Engineering and Energy, and
- Telecommunications and Networking.
We offer four different programs leading to the Master of Science degree, as well as a Ph.D. program.
Our MS programs are:
- MS in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
- MS in EE/Telecommunications Engineering (MSEET)
- MS in Software Engineering (MSSE)
- MS in Computer Engineering (MSCPE)
- MS in Cybersecurity (MSCYBR)
The MSEE degree can also be pursued online; see distance learning/e-learning programs.
While we do not require Master of Science candidates to author a thesis, we encourage research oriented students and students who may continue their studies towards a Ph.D. degree to do so.
A general overview of the requirements for doctoral studies at Drexel University is provided in the Graduate Student Guide. If you are interested in pursuing a Ph.D., please browse through the list of faculty. Feel free to contact members of the faculty who appear to be possible advisors of your thesis.
For additional information on the graduate program or to discuss your questions with the Graduate Advisor, please contact us.